The EU and its Member States have been the second largest providers of developmental and humanitarian aid, democracy support and peace promotion in Afghanistan for 20 years.
In addition, the EU is investing to explore and expand the role of diaspora organisations in socioeconomic development in Europe as well as their country of origin. The experience and sound advice of European Afghans could help European leaders to provide aid in more efficient ways.
- A Brussels-based network of diaspora and civil society organisations of Afghans and organisations aiming at supporting the Afghan diaspora at the European level
- To engage and link the Afghan diaspora organisations with the European Institutions in order to improve their socio-economic cooperation
- To assist European as well as private institutions with their projects and policies towards development, humanitarian aid and democracy support in Afghanistan
- To develop projects aiming at bringing together organisations of the Afghan diaspora from different EU Member States, for a cooperation at the European level
- A hub to share the experience of different organisations of the Afghan diaspora to preserve the language and culture of their country of origin
- To provide support to Afghan diaspora communities with their goals for sustainable development and integration
“Together, we save, protect and rebuild lives. We help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. we take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy life free from inequality.”Lailuma Sadid